Chiropractor For Smithtown, NY Residents
THE BEST In Chiropractic Care
Feel great today!
The Chiropractor’s at True Sport Care have been a trusted choice in the New York area since 2004. They have provided the best chiropractic care for patients seeking relief from pain and injuries. “With each patient we care for, we produce the best in quality care and restoration to ensure that everyone who walks through our doors is put on a path to recovery that produces results.”
Smithtown, NY, has become a popular area for our chiropractic services. Like any area we serve, we build our positive reputation based on results that people can feel and see and are proud that we have established a high level of trust and respect in and around our community. Below is a list of the specialties that we provide.
What CAN CHIRopractors Treat?
- Joint Pain: Joints can be painful when they are fixated or “stuck.” Chiropractic adjustments free these fixations and increase joint range of motion which decreases joint pain. At True Sport Care, our chiropractors for joint pain take a multidisciplinary approach to joint care that includes adjustments, manual therapy, and corrective exercises to achieve long-lasting results and pain-free joints for you.
- Herniated/Bulging Disc: Herniated discs are a byproduct of poor biomechanics and oftentimes posture. Moving the bones into the proper alignment and supporting the adjustments with corrective exercises gives you the best chance of conservative care helping a disc issue.
- Patellar-Femoral Syndrome (Runner’s Knee): This is from a muscle imbalance which crosses the knee. We perform soft tissue work and exercises to reset the muscle system and we adjust the joint to reset the bones.
- Hip Pain (FAI): Hip impingement can certainly come from a “congested” joint. In addition to rebalancing the muscle structures, the joint manipulation works wonderfully to improve impingement within the hip.
- Adhesive Capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder): A condition that is still not well understood. From our experience frozen shoulder does not typically benefit from direct manipulation, however many studies have shown that cervical and thoracic spinal manipulations have provided benefits.
- IT Band (Iliotibial Band) Syndrome: IT band syndrome comes from excess friction on the lower portion of the IT band rubbing against the femur. We can affect this by changing the biomechanics of gait and manipulating the joints involved which would be the hip, knee, and possibly the ankle.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Many carpal tunnel diagnoses are not necessarily accurate and the symptoms can come from other locations including the cervical spine or shoulder.
- Sciatica: Whether it is a “true” sciatica or what we like to call a “pseudo” sciatica, joint mobilizations in the appropriate dysfunctional areas can prove to be incredibly beneficial in relieving sciatic symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis: OA is the age-related degeneration of joints. Joints don’t degrade over time “just because.” We believe the degeneration takes place because the muscular control of the joint is out of balance so we rebalance the muscle system with soft tissue work and rehabilitation exercises, but the joint also needs to be rebalanced with chiropractic manipulation. Learn more about our approach to joint care and pain prevention here.
- Neck Pain: Pain is an indication of dysfunction. Something isn’t moving correctly or a joint may be inflamed. A joint manipulation is essentially a “reset” button that accelerates the body’s natural healing process.
- Dizziness: We have a fair number of vertigo (Dizziness) patients that seek conservative care for relief. Cervicogenic vertigo – dizziness that originates from a neck issue – is extremely common and pretty easy to address. We perform cervical spine adjustments and prescribe some simple exercises. Our approach usually proves successful in the first or second visit.
By providing the perfect range of effective therapeutic services for Smithtown, Nesconset, Saint James and the surrounding areas, we are able to give our communities the best in health and healing. We want each and every patient to know that our top priority is to reveal a healthier and stronger version of themselves. That is the True Sport Care way.
How do you know if your body is out of alignment?
Some people are more in tune with these sensations than others. If you workout or are active you may notice some asymmetries with your strength or your flexibility. These indicate that something is brewing and it may cause a pain complaint at some point. We recommend that you come in for an adjustment when you feel these imbalances to prevent injuries and pain.
How often should you get adjusted?
When all of the systems are addressed, meaning – joints and muscles, then you’ll most likely need to get adjusted less and less as your treatment progresses. Eventually, you shouldn’t feel the need to be adjusted frequently. I only feel the need to get adjusted 3-4X/year.
What do you wear to a chiropractor?
Comfy, stretchy clothes. When you come to our chiropractic office be ready to work hard! But we always have clean gowns and shorts in case you forgot the appropriate attire.
How long does a chiropractic adjustment last?
In the absence of any other treatment, chiropractic adjustments are not long at all. Since we support the Chiropractic treatment with soft tissue work and rehabilitative exercises, our appointments last much longer. Most of our sessions last between 30 and 60 minutes.
Do chiropractic adjustments work permanently?
Not typically. Again the chiropractic adjustment only addresses the joint component. Joints are controlled by muscles so they should also be addressed. This is the reason why we believe in a multi-disciplinary approach to Chiropractic care that also includes soft-tissue techniques and therapeutic exercises.
What cracks when you get a chiropractic adjustment?
The audible “popping” sound during a chiropractic adjustment is the sound of gas bubbles being released into the vacuum that’s created when the joints are manipulated. When the chiropractic adjustment takes place, it releases the pressure of gasses inside the joint and lets the fluid flow freely to refill the gap. As a result, you get a sense of relief and increased movement.
Is it better to get a massage or see a chiropractor?
They both have their place and I can’t honestly say that one is better than the other. Our brand of Chiropractic encompasses many soft tissue techniques and rehabilitation modalities so we have been described as a cross between a Chiropractor, Massage Therapist and Physical Therapist.
Should you go to a chiropractor or a regular doctor if you experience musculoskeletal pain?
I do believe we are a great first choice for many if not most musculoskeletal complaints. Our treatments work very fast so if we feel it is beyond our abilities we have a trusted circle of providers with whom we can facilitate a speedy appointment. The typical medical merry-go-round involves a visit, then a referral to a specialist, then the recommendation to rest or referral for imaging, etc.etc. We’re talking weeks if not months before you have an answer. To me that’s a broken system. When you come to our chiropractic office near Smithtown you will experience much faster relief from your pain and discomfort.