ATHLETE CHECKLIST – Determine if you have imbalances that may not YET be creating pain or significant dysfunction in the body. We pride ourselves on having the best chiropractors and therapists on Long Island. True Sport Care Docs can intercept issues and correct them with advanced corrective techniques before any injury can sideline an athlete.
DOWNLOAD THE ATHLETE CHECKLIST
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE TRUE/FALSE QUIZ – This quiz is designed to test your general sports medicine knowledge. A mix of biomechanics, injury management, and performance questions will challenge your mind and open your thought processes to find the logical answers that we oftentimes overlook. The second link is our YouTube video, which reviews the answers. See how you do!
If you have found your way to our website, then someone has most likely referred you here.
It is imperative to understand that we are different than most other chiropractic offices and your friend, colleague, co-worker or acquaintance can certainly attest to this fact. We also differ greatly from traditional ART offices. Not only do we perform the soft tissue releases, but we also search for associated weakness that would inhibit your progress. You will always get some homework to support our treatments.
The number one reason that patients are satisfied with our facility is that if your progress stalls, we change our treatment. If we run out of ideas, we then send you elsewhere, typically to a trusted orthopedist. It seems like common sense, but unfortunately many professionals in conservative care do not share the same philosophy. We fuse many techniques from multiple professions including Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Athletic Training and Massage. We try to help every patient to the best of our ability, but we realize our limitations and make sure that you receive the best possible care whether it be at our facility or somewhere else. Patient-centered care is how we operate, whether it involves treating neck pain, hip pain, back pain, or another issue, and our commitment to continuing education enables us to provide the latest and most effective array of treatment techniques available.
10 Things You Should Know About Sports Chiropractors
- Possess specialized knowledge of sports injuries and physical fitness
- Are experts in the function of the body during movement, from elite-level athletes to everyday activities
- Can help optimize athletic performance by applying an advanced understanding of musculoskeletal function and performance enhancement to your chiropractic care
- Offer individualized care that extends beyond spinal manipulation to include direct treatment of muscles, joints, and connective tissue
- Focus on total body wellness and reaching optimal functioning, not just reducing pain
- Are immersed in the latest sports medicine research, trends, and treatment techniques
- Can integrate seamlessly with other healthcare practitioners to optimize your medical care
- Are passionate proponents of physical fitness and skilled sports medicine practitioners
- Will help you achieve YOUR peak performance with a breadth and depth of knowledge found only with their specific training
- Comprise the top tier of the chiropractic profession